From the Mind of a Thinker

From the Mind of a Thinker
From the Mind of a Thinker

Thursday, July 7, 2016

Angry Black Woman!

For the second morning in a row, I have been awakened by a plethora of texts discussing police shootings.  I am over it.  I took a moment to listen to  Jesse Williams' speech from the BET Awards again and the more and more I listen to it, the stronger this little pit in my stomach gets.  There was a time when I'd feel myself getting all worked up about the police and I'd take a few moments and watch "End of Watch."  Very profound movie that really gives the viewer a peak from the other side, but again, I am over it.  How long is this going to continue?  As far as the shooting of Alton Sterling, the black man shot in Baton Rouge for those of you who don't read and like to avoid the obvious, it strikes an eerily similar feeling as the Rodney King beating.  Only this time, the man is dead.  I can only imagine what's going to come next. 

These moments make me wonder if Martin Luther King Jr, Malcom X, and even Tupac, were still alive, what would they have to say at this very moment.  America is becoming more interesting, for lack of a better term, by the day.  But realistically, until we show this same uproar and passion within our communities, they're going to continue to hunt us down and prey on us.  I want to see this same anger when we turn against our own.  We have to stand together.  Black people- GET IT TOGETHER! Now, not later. We cannot afford to wait.  Your husbands, sons, brothers, etc. are being used for targeting practice! Wtf are you doing? Taking selfies and sending eggplant pics?

To my black men, I really hope you all get it now, (check my last post).  While many of you are out here worried about jewelry, cars, and which woman you can smash and/or disrespect today, you are being killed off slowly.  You are an endangered species and if you don't get it together quickly, you are going to be extinct.  Y'all better wake the hell up! Stop being so distracted by miniscule things that don't matter.  Here is your chance to really take a stand against something.  What are you going to do?  Are you awake or still sleeping?

I'm going to go ahead and end this, but I want to leave this little gem right here:

https://youtu.be/6F4Or0pRQ3Y

Just copy and paste into your web browser and let it sink ALL the way in.


No comments:

Post a Comment