From the Mind of a Thinker

From the Mind of a Thinker
From the Mind of a Thinker

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Who Am I and Why Am I Here?

I am an African-American female
Standing proud and strong.
I am a leader
Keeping control of all.
I am a goddess of love
Encouraging everyone to be peaceful and serene.
I am a child of God
Giving Him all praise.
I am queen of the universe,
Demanding power and respect.
I am a lady
In search of my knight.
I am a diamond
Precious and pure.
At the end of the day
I take a look in the mirror
And see the reflection of
who I really am.


I wrote this poem when I was 15 years old.  Hard to believe that was many years ago. I'm looking through the literary magazine in which it is published, (the Salmagundi, in which I was editor) thinking...my writing has definitely come a long way. I have matured so much and I now have many stories to tell and a voice that needs to be heard. I aspire to be so many things and as an adult, I never thought I could dream so big. With every dream, goal, and aspiration, it all falls back on my love for writing. It is my passion and my first love. So here it is, my opportunity to shine through words. Why wouldn't I do what I love so much? For the first time ever, I'm allowing myself to be transparent and candid. I'm glad to welcome all of you on my journey and I hope something I say blesses, inspires, or empowers you. You may not agree with everything I will have to say, but I welcome the challenges. I'm going to try and be as consistent as possible with this and stay true to myself. It's been a long time coming and I'm ready! .......*exhaling*

No comments:

Post a Comment