From the Mind of a Thinker

From the Mind of a Thinker
From the Mind of a Thinker

Monday, September 26, 2011

The Devil is Busy Rant

As I sit back and watch all the things happening around me I can't help but shake my head. The violence is outrageous, the lack of goals and dreams is on the decline, and the saddest thing of it all is the rate in which our marriages and families are being torn apart. It's funny because a coworker of mine said just last week that "the greatest libido of them all is financial stability." He couldn't have been more right. God said the greatest of all is love and now that's the least of our worries. It's sad to know that a lot of us are so weak, timid, and afraid that we're allowing the devil to take over our own lives: the ones WE have to live and work hard at keeping. This wasn't what God envisioned for us, but he already knew we'd be disobedient and this, in turn, would lead to our demise. I always think to myself, we could be right at the pearly gates of Heaven and God, himself, can tell us the truth and the blueprint of how to get to where we need to be in life and people would still choose to do the opposite. I can't understand this for the life of me, but then, it's really not for me to understand. Lets take a look at the violence. I don't know what else to feel but pity on these poor, young people who have nothing better to do with their own lives, but to take someone else's. That has to be one difficult way to live. They never had anyone to instill in them the value of having goals, dreams, and most importantly getting away from where they are from and visiting other places and learning about other cultures. Their parents are even more lost than they are and unfortunately we have to deal with the consequences of their wayward children. I'd like to see more parents take responsibility for their children. I say we lock them up too and send their kids off to Iraq and Afghanistan. They can go out there and shoot all they want to. Maybe I'm being harsh, I don't know, but this legal system  is jacked up and we all know it. A crack dealer can spend more time in jail than a murderer. It's crazy. Then, on the devil's advocate side I see the man who has a wife and children, gets laid off, and can no longer provide for his family. I couldn't imagine how less of a man that would make him feel. What is he supposed to do to feed his family? (Because we know the government isn't going to help him). I pray to God that He provides the answers, but honestly, I think He's about ready to scratch this whole plan. The devil has clearly taken over and in a sense, he controls the minds of many right now. The good are outnumbered by the evil. Lastly, I want to touch on marriages, particularly black ones, or lack there of. I look in the newspaper on Sundays just to see the engaged couples. I never see any black people on a consistent basis. It's really depressing and leaves me with little hope of ever marrying myself. Then, I turn on the television and see couple after couples divorcing and splitting up. It's just too much to deal with. What happened to working issues out and getting counseling. Those vows say "til death do us part." We all know, in these 'last days' we need someone to love and someone who loves us, even if it's just moral support. I can't believe we are allowing the devil to win right now. Seriously, when are we going to start back believing?

2 comments:

  1. I don't believe your statements are harsh in pertaining to sending the kids to Iraq. If they want to be gangsters, the most gangster people that I know wear camo. If I'm not mistaken, City of Macon is about to take action by fining parents and holding them responsible for the actions of their kids. I never envisioned any city having to take such measures yet with the damage and instability of families today, it's now the idea is being taken in to consideration. I've been wondering myself.. what will it take for a real change to occur? Sigh.. something catastrophic I would say..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a consideration, but lets be real, the parents don't have the money to pay a fine. If they did, they're children wouldn't be running rampant anyway. They'd be too busy working trying to make money because that value would've been instilled in them early.

    ReplyDelete